Singapore Town Councils

Thursday, April 27, 2006

TNP (27 Apr 2006) - Letter: Cleaners ignored our corridor for 10 years

Cleaners ignored our corridor for 10 years

The New Paper
April 27, 2006

I REFER to the letter, 'Our corridors not cleaned' by Rashid Osman (The New Paper, 14 Apr - see below) who said there was no cleaning for a week.

Our situation is far worse. The corridor outside our flat has not been cleaned for more than 10 years and my wife and I have had to wash the area outside our unit while still paying the service and conservancy charges.

I am a resident of Nee Soon East and have raised this matter with the town council previously.

Once when I saw a worker washing the corridor in our block, I went up to him to ask why my particular floor has been ignored for so long.

He replied that it takes two days to wash the entire block. He added that my mid-level corridor would be washed on Day 2. On that day, no cleaner showed up.

I hope that the town council can set things right.

- Robert Tay
==========================================================

Our corridors not cleaned

I AM a resident of Fajar Road which comes under the Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council.
Before this, I was a resident of Boon Lay Place.
There the cleaning crew swept the corridor areas every morning.
Not so at mynew place.
I have informed the town council about this three times.
On all occasions, an officer would apologise and assure me that the matter would be put right.
For the past one week, I have noticed that the corridor in my block has not been swept or cleaned.
All residents who pay service and conservancy charges to the town council have the right to expect such a basic cleaning service in the common areas.
- Rashid Osman

1 Comments:

Blogger Yo said...

Same here for my block 59 Circuit Road. they don't sweep my corridor. I hold a job which I can be home at various time of the day. I have never since anyone sweeping floor along the corridors, not in the morning, not in the afternoon, not in the evening. You can proof by doing this, get a paper, sign your name on it, state the date and time and leave it outside the corridor and it will still be there after three day outside my corridor. the worker only apply water jet to wash the corridor once every two weeks, may I ask - does that means the dust and dirt only come to our corridor every two weeks?

With the expose of the town council investing their fund into Lehman Brothers-linked, we can confirm that the cut in our cleaniless is due to their focus in inesting the fund and not spending the fund as they should.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home